B.C. Liberal leader Andrew Wilkinson questioned why the provincial government couldn’t get federal funding for the Pattullo Bridge replacement as well.
“Normally major infrastructure projects have a large component of federal financing. So we have to be concerned that B.C. rushed into this alone, and missed out on almost a half billion dollars of federal infrastructure funding,” he said.
Do tell us how much the federal government had committed to the Massey crossing when it was pulled out of the air by Premier Clark in 2013. Or whether in subsequent years the Feds ever committed a loonie to its construction.
And while you’re at it, please explain:
- What regional plan included the construction of Massey?
- How many Metro mayors in the region supported it?
- What provincial transportation plan prioritized it?
- Why the previous transportation minister, Kevin Falcon, had rejected it as a pointless project?
- Why the Liberals imposed a referendum requirement only for transit and not for Massey or any other major highway project?