Thanks to Frances Bula for the tip.
- Address: 349 W Georgia Street (Post Office Site)
- Permit No.: RZ-2016-00021
- Description: The proposal is to allow the retention of the heritage building (Class A heritage, yet to be designated) and convert it into a mixed-use seven-storey podium. The proposal also adds three towers above the podium, including 17 storeys of office, and 18 and 20 storeys of residential. An overall floor space ratio of 12.08 FSR is proposed as well a total floor area of 145,998 m2 (1,571,506 sq. ft.) and a height of 67.7m (222 ft.).
- Zoning: DD to CD-1
- Application Status: Rezoning Application
- Review: Second Architect: MCM Partnership (Mark Thompson)
- Staff: Michael Naylor & Paul Cheng
Altogether, about 900,000 square feet of floor area will be added to the building, which will give the overall project a floor area exceeding 1.5 million square feet. Approximately 300,000 square feet of retail space, varying from big open spaces to small units, will occupy the first four floors. [Thanks to Kenneth Chan at VanCity Buzz].
The design does open up the now-blank walls along Dunsmuir, Homer and Hamilton.
A few numbers:
- 799 residential units (372 market condominium units and 427 market rental units)
- An overall floor space ratio of 12.9 FSR
- Six levels of parking, including 1,168 bicycle spaces
- A 49-space childcare facility