As part of the planning process towards the 2037 Master plan Vancouver International Airport is holding an Open House today-Wednesday October 12, 2016 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the Observation Deck of the Domestic Terminal Building. The airport has been located on Sea Island in Richmond since 1929 and is 12 kilometers from downtown and on the Canada Line.
There are six areas that the new Master plan will address:
- Terminals – An update about YVR’s extensive study to assess potential options for terminal expansion at the airport, including the rationale and analysis used to select the recommended option.
- Airside/Airspace – Options are provided for the future of YVR’s airside and airspace operations.
- Ground Access – An overview of current ground access at YVR and potential options to improve future ground access for YVR passengers, businesses, goods movement and Sea Island employees.
- Environment – Information about YVR’s Environmental Management Plan and our priorities designed to maintain an environmentally sustainable airport.
- Amenities – A description of YVR’s current amenities offered on Sea Island and an overview of potential future amenity investments.
- Land Use – An overview of land areas and their designated uses
- Location: Vancouver International Airport, Domestic Terminal Building, Observation Deck
- Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Time: 4p.m. to 8p.m. (Drop In)
Pre-registration is not required for this event.
- Email: email@example.com