On the heels of the Arbutus Greenway temporary surface consulting events, the City of Vancouver invites one and all to participate in more online surveys, open houses, workshops and events.
The Commercial Drive Complete Street Project kicks off with:
Phase 1: Ideas and Information (Fall 2016)
- What we’ll do: Launch the community engagement process, identify transportation improvements, and present complete street design principles
- Who we’ll consult with: Residents, Grandview-Woodland Transportation and Neighbourhood Parking Stakeholder Advisory Group (G-W SAG), local businesses, and other civic advisory committees
- What we’ll create based on feedback: Complete street principles and draft design concepts informed by community and stakeholder input, technical analysis, and City priorities
Thursday, October 20, 2016 3-7:30 pm (Details HERE)
Croatian Cultural Centre, 3250 Commercial Drive
Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10am – 3 pm (Details HERE)
Wise Hall, 1882 Adanac
Remember: there are only two completely fun and future-proofed responses to this Commercial Drive Complete Street Project:
- Eyeball-bulging outrage if any road space, of any kind, is to be repurposed from motor vehicle exclusivity.
- Head-bursting apoplexy if any consideration at all, of any kind, is to be given to bicycles.
HERE is a brief glimpse of Complete Street concepts, if this topic is new to you.
And finally, from the City of Vancouver’s web site introduction to the Commercial Drive Compete Street Project:
The Commercial Drive Complete Street project aims to increase the safety and comfort for people driving, walking, cycling, and taking transit in the area – while ensuring that core service and delivery activities on streets are still accommodated.
Commercial Drive is the heart of the Grandview-Woodland neighbourhood, and famous for strolling and enjoying the rich variety of independent shops and services. “The Drive” is a popular destination for local residents and regional visitors.
Creating a complete street and a cycling path for people of all ages and abilities along Commercial Drive are goals of the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan.