City of Vancouver Parks Board has approved 11 Mobi stations in its parks. This according to Michael Mui in 24 Hours Vancouver. See other Mobi info below, from the article.
The Park Board designated seven locations in Stanley Park, two at Sunset Beach, one at English Bay and one at Kitsilano Beach, as stations where Mobi users will be able to pick up and drop off bikes, adding to the 72 locations that have already been revealed around the downtown core.
Mobi general manager Mia Kohout . . . said additional consultation will be done with First Nations for the Stanley Park stations, but after that Mobi will be installing the bike infrastructure within the parks.
Park Board spokeswoman Margo Harper said the board is also asking Mobi to advertise park services, in exchange for using parking lot space.
A few Mobi numbers (as of Sept 21, 2016):
- 64 stations activated, another 6 installed and ready (eventually 150 total)
- Around 600 bikes in service (eventually to be 1,500)
- 2-3 trips per day per bike on average
- Total of 73,000 trips so far (1,200 to 1,500 per day)
- Membership is around 5,000